Minggu, 25 September 2011

The Prayers of Prophet Moses (alaihissalam)

Prophet Moses has a remarkable life story, and in each situation, the Qur'an has perpetuated his prayers. These are some of my favorite prayers.

Moses (Prophet Musa alaihissalam) grew up as a prince in Pharaoh's family. Once Prince Moses went into a town and he found there are two men who fight. One of his clan (Bani Israel) and the other is the Pharaoh's clan. Then the people (from his clan) ask him for help, to beat people from their enemies and Moses punched him to death (its because Moses extremely strong). He was very regretted (because he didn't expect that person become dead), then he prayed to God as follows:

رَبِّ إِنّى‏ ظَلَمْتُ نَفْسى‏ فَاغْفِرْ لى

Robbii innii dzolamtu nafsii, fagfirli

"
My God, I had persecuted myself, so please forgive me"
Ya Tuhanku, sesungguhnya aku telah menganiaya diriku sendiri karena itu ampunilah aku.”
=
QS. Al-Qashash [28]: 16.=

رَبِّ بِما أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيَّ فَلَنْ أَكونَ ظَهيراً لِلْمُجْرِمينَ

"Oh my Lord, for the blessings You've bestowed to me, I will never be a helper for those who sinned. "
Ya Tuhanku, demi nikmat yang telah Engkau anugerahkan kepadaku, aku sekali-kali tiada akan menjadi penolong bagi orang-orang yang berdosa.”
=QS. Al-Qashash [28]: 17.=

Then
Allah forgives his sins
.

After the incident, Moses was terrified and waiting for the possibility of what happened to him. People (who helped yesterday) instead claimed Moses had done arbitrarily. Suddenly someone came from out of town and said that the authorities of the kingdom was negotiating to kill him. The man was advised Moses to get out of town.

Prophet Musa came out of the city with careful and be alert and as he prayed thus:

رب نجنى من القوم الظالمين

"My Lord, save me from people who did wrong."
"Ya Tuhanku, selamatkanlah aku dari orang-orang yang lalim itu"
=
QS. Al-Qashash [28]: 21.=


Moses
went to the Land of Midian, he prayed:

عَسى‏ رَبّى‏ أَنْ يَهْدِيَنى‏ سَواءَ السَّبيلِ

"Hopefully, my Lord give me the guidance to the right path"
“Mudah-mudahan Tuhanku memberikan hidayat kepadaku ke jalan yang benar"
=QS. Al-Qashash [28]: 22.=

Prophet Musa who felt strange in the land of Midian shelter under shady trees, while take a rest and starve (because he didn't bring any food). Moses raised his hands to pray to Allah swt:

رَبِّ إِنّى‏ لِما أَنْزَلْتَ إِلَيَّ مِنْ خَيْرٍ فَقيرٌ
Robbi inni limaa anjalta ilayya min khaoirin fakir

"My Lord, I really need the goodness You sent down to me"
"
“Ya Tuhanku sesungguhnya aku sangat memerlukan sesuatu kebaikan yang Engkau turunkan kepadaku"
=
QS. Al-Qashash [28]: 24.=


Prayer of prophet Musa was granted of Allah. Moses then hosted by Prophet Shu'aib, become hic son-in-law, and then live in Midian.
Until one day Moses was appointed as aProphet, and must teach the truth in humans (including the Pharaoh - his adoptive father).

رَبِّ اشْرَحْ لِى‏ صَدْرِى‏ * وَيَسِّرْ لِى‏ أَمْرِى * وَاحْلُلْ عُقْدَةً مِنْ لِسانِى * يَفْقَهُوا قَوْلِى * وَاجْعَلْ لِى‏ وَزِيراً مِنْ أَهْلِى * هرُونَ أَخِى * اُشْدُدْ بِهِ أَزْرِى * وَأَشْرِكْهُ فِى‏ أَمْرِى * كَىْ نُسَبِّحَكَ كَثِيراً *وَنَذكُرَكَ كَثِيراً * إِنَّكَ كُنْتَ بِنا بَصِيراً

"My Lord, Exert my heart, make all my business easier, and release the stiffness of the tongue, so they can understand my words, and give me a helper from my family, Aaron (Harun), my brother, courageous with him ​​my strength, and let him share my task, that we may glorify You, and a lot of remember You. Indeed You are Seer of us."
“Ya Tuhanku, lapangkanlah untukku dadaku, dan mudahkanlah untukku urusanku, dan lepaskanlah kekakuan dari lidahku, supaya mereka mengerti perkataanku, dan jadikanlah untukku seorang pembantu dari keluargaku, (yaitu) Harun, saudaraku, teguhkanlah dengan dia kekuatanku, dan jadikanlah dia sekutu dalam urusanku, supaya kami banyak bertasbih kepada Engkau, dan banyak mengingat Engkau. Sesungguhnya Engkau adalah Maha Melihat (keadaan) kami.
=QS. Thaha [20]: 25 – 35=

Allah SWT gives an answer: "Verily your pray has been allowed, O Moses". After that Allah SWT teaches them how to face Pharaoh as follows: "Go you both to Pharaoh, verily he has exceeded the limit; then the two of you speak to him with words of gentleness, hopefully he remember or fear" =QS. Thaha [20]: 43 – 44.=